What is it like to work here? This is what our employees say are some of the reasons they enjoy their work:
- You make a difference in someone’s life everyday
- Every day is different; there is a lot of diversity in your day
- We help people live with dignity
- There are lots of accomplishments with seeing people reach their goals
- We work in teams so there is a lot of support and mentorship from other staff members
- Your contribution is appreciated; you feel valued
- You are in control of your career
- We get to do a lot of fun activities!
- There is no dress code or uniforms.
“I was blown away by the level of support from supervisor to team lead; everyone is awesome!”
We really are a team at Community Living! We build strength by working together and sharing experiences and opportunities. This is how our employees describe the team environment:
- It’s a positive team environment – you’ll be supported
- Everyone is committed to helping each other
- There is a lot of training here
- Your co-workers are the biggest asset
- Mentoring is ongoing; your team answers texts even when they’re off work
- There is a real sense of community in the organization; we are one giant team
- I was blown away by the level of support from supervisor to team lead; everyone is awesome!
“You feel really good at the end of every day.”
There are some parts of this job that make working here a little different than a typical workplace.
- You’re not stuck in the same spot everyday – there’s a lot of freedom
- You’re not always in crisis mode as can be the case in other social service types of employment
- Staff are always motivating each other to do better and think outside the box
- This is not a boring job!
- It’s fun to talk about your day
- Your day is an open book; one day I put together a BBQ and fought for someone to have citizenship
- Many things that we do transfer to other parts of our lives, which is so valuable when you need those skills
- Small things often make a big difference
- You can do this job how you want to do it; you’re not restricted to only doing things a certain way – there are many ways to be creative
- A lot of times your work is doing something you personally love to do